How to Avoid Plagiarism in 5 Simple Steps
While writing content, you must confirm that your content is not plagiarized. Copying some other person's idea, content, or word and paraphrasing it without considering giving the originator proper credit is, however, called plagiarism. Forgetting to relinquish that person credit or reference their work can be intentionally or unintentionally. Besides, we all would agree that springing up with all new ideas and information to incorporate in our content is not a facile job to try to do.
Being a content writer, one has got to string along with several pipelines. Like checking grammar, sentence constructions, idealization, coping with a proper image to Illustrate the niche or text line, punchline, creative introductory texts, paragraphs, keywords, vitally checking plagiarism, and more. Maintaining these components are deliberately fundamental and the simplest way of getting high-ranks in search engine.
We know taking care of these aspects is quite challenging, yet your incautious nature can affect your content and website alongside your career and slam your reputation.
Therefore, for content writing, you may have to be compelled to follow several rules like checking grammar, quality content, phrasing, and plagiarism. Understand that plagiarism may be a consequential misdeed and can finish off your dreams forever. And you would do not desire this to happen after hours of effort.
Then what to do? How to deliver unique, original, satisfactory quality content to your peers during the long run that will satisfy your SEO needs?
So, firstly, get an idea of what plagiarism is? Why and how you can avoid plagiarism for your content.
Concept of Plagiarism:
Plagiarism has tangible licit entanglement. Many writers copy and paste words from other outline sources and do not contemplate or give appreciation to the real author, anyway. This policy cost them their employment, including pecuniary recompense. Writers often stay in an exceedingly rush to furnish and deliver content as soon as possible. And this rush makes them follow the copy and paste policy. The habit of copying and pasting others' content without even quoting the source address stops them to progress in the professional platform.
The verb 'to plagiarize' stands as "to steal and pass off as one's own and use without crediting the source," according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Let us elaborate on it in simple words for you. If you use or copying anyone else words, sentences, or ideas and attempt to pass them off as your individual, that is plagiarism. It is a highly defined synonym word of 'steal.'
The need for avoiding plagiarism:
Plagiarism can be a serious ethical issue. If you submit plagiarize content, perhaps, that is not worthy enough. Plagiarism is indeed similar to theft and results in a copyright strike leading to monetary compensation. Plagiarize content may question your professionalism, moral value and harm your accomplishment and career elevation in the future. You may further lose your respect from readers, peers, and followers.
As a writer, you must not compromise with your morality. In that case, writing plagiarism-free content is paramount in the professional scene.
Steps to avoid plagiarism:
Now, coming to the steps to avoid plagiarized content and what actions you should take in this subject matter.
- Refer the sources respectably: You can skillfully copy-paste and paraphrase any pieces or information from other sources, but all the details you are taking must be cited using in-text citations and give references to those sources respectfully. Although to cite these references, you have to tread on the heels of a precise citation style manual. Based on your write-up, content style, ask your editor to define one citation style from these voguish citation techniques:
- APA or American Psychological Association approach.
- CSE or Council of Science Editors approach.
- MLA or Modern Language Association approach.
- Chicago style or technique.
- Use paraphrase and quotes: While content writing, sometimes, outsourcing details or affirmation is somehow noteworthy to increase reliability and certainty towards your content. To incorporate external information, your content needs to undergo a thoroughgoing paraphrasing and quoting.
- Eventually, try to mold the text language, tone, and sentence structures while paraphrasing. Meanwhile, be a little watchful in the time of redrafting the concept. It will intensify your content originality. Plus, keep an eye fixed on these factors:
- Change the sentence vocabulary, reciprocate apex words with synonyms.
- Alter sentence construction of source lines and fabricate slightly to make it a bit unique.
- Modify the writing tone and put a taste of your own words and styles of writing.
- Scrutinize plagiarism thoroughly: Once you write content, inevitably checking plagiarism is not possible without fail. We are well-cognized in your struggle. Our advice is, better make use of inevitable tools to figure out whether your content is plagiarized or not. Tools will help you to the tail of the aspect if you have appropriately put the outsources or not.
- Take into consideration Turnitin.com, a tool to pinpoint the potential plagiarisms of content.
- Get plagiarized-free content from an online plagiarism checker, as in, SmallSeo Tools, Grammarly.com, to sweep your content or text filch-free.
- These tools also indicate spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and highlight specific sentence patterns, structures or words, intricate text, and source text origin. So, you can refer to the site in your content concisely.
- Research is imperative!:Quality research takes time. The rush of finishing your work often leads to sloppy research habits and bad decisions. Strategies an advanced research plan and seek editor help if needed.
- Avoid copying images: Copying images, photos, or illustration is also theft and called plagiarism, and cause your copyright strike. Use free pictures for your self-contents plus commercial purpose. Or else, if you aspire to use an equivalent image as anyone else, derive the written permission of the copyright holder.
Adding these steps and tips will rescue you from unwanted trouble sort of monetary issue or copyright allegations and enhance your path towards a quick-witted successful content writer. Understand the necessity for a genuine, plagiarism-free write-up to grab the long-lasting readers' attention. Attempt to express and visualize your concepts, ideas. Albeit you wish to copy someone's line of work, give the author proper attribution, at least. It explains your generosity too.