7 Logo Mistakes To Avoid At All Cost
Logo plays a crucial part in brand building; it’s what gives your business an identity. However, designing a logo involves the risks of making mistakes as well, and logo mistakes can have a negative impact on your business.
Here are 7 logo design mistakes to avoid:
1) Lacking originality Originality is the one aspect you shouldn’t miss out on your logo. When you copy a logo design or use clip or stock art, you stand at an increased risk of litigation issues for your business. You might save expenses involved in opting for a professional service by using these images, but you risk ruining your brand’s reputation for the long run.
2) No concept behind the logo You can use your business’s logo to convey a message. When you get the concept of the logo clear, you can precisely pitch in the right messaging and relate your logo to your business.
3) Lacking simplicity Logos with a simple design are the most catchy. When your company’s logo is simple and appealing, customers can easily remember and identify your brand the next time they stumble upon the logo.
4) Lacking attention to detail If there’s one factor that makes a logo great, then it is intricate detailing. When designing a logo for your business, you cannot afford to have poor scaling, inadequate colour texture, and improper aspect ratio.
5) Incorrect choice of colors One of the common misconceptions about logo design is the more color in a logo, the more attractive it will be. More colors in a logo may be attractive but it certainly doesn’t help you create an identity for your business. Remember, it’s easy to memorize strong contrasts as compared to multiple colors.
6) Incorrect format Creating and saving your business’s logo on standard formats such as JPG may create issues in the long run. For instance, you may not know the platforms where your logo will be used in the future and that it may not be supported. Save your logo as a PNG file or in a vector format such as AI or EPS.
7) Overdoing the design It’s easy enough to get carried away with the logo design if an interesting idea/concept strikes you. However, overdoing the design of your logo can clutter its overall look. Also, the odds of making mistakes are more when the logo design is complex.
Get your business’s logo design done right with DreamLogoDesign
Take your business’ identity a notch higher with a logo that stands out. Get your business’s logo designed from us at https://www.dreamlogodesign.com/logo-design/.