A menu card is the face of a restaurant to showcase its food items towards its customers. Colorful images with appealing nice presentation of food items can appear more appetizing & sumptuous. Keeping this thing in mind is essential while designing a menu card of a restaurant. Menu card design is the core marketing part as most of the restaurants today focus on uniqueness & creativity. It’s quite practical that card delivers the first-hand experience of restaurant quality and its delicacies being served there over a certain period of time. It is also one of the important parts of print design material to promote your brand.
Now let’s see what factors of menu card attracts a customer towards a restaurant or a hotel:-
1) Colorful and Lively picture of dishes: – This menu card indeed serves the purpose of creating a real hunger in customer. Delicious food item pictures provoke the customers to buy food items from the restaurants. The entire ingredient which is used to prepare the food item is highlighted in the menu card.
2) Realistic pictures of food items: – More realistic the pictures in food items greater is the chances of customers get involved in it. Sometimes the background of the menu card involves ingredients of the food items along the side bars of the card which makes the presentation looks fresh and serene.
3) Showcasing the kitchen & the cook: – To build the trust factor in the minds of the customers the picture of the kitchen and the cook can be used to show the degree of hygiene factors which are maintained by that restaurant.
4) Client specific design: – The menu card must be designed on the basis of a focus target group of people whom they want to deliver their service. On the basis of taste & preferences of the customers, the menu should be set or designed. It may be designed on the basis of traditional food items or for the youth keeping in mind the which section of people resides in the locality more.
5) Food packages they offer: – The menu card also reflects the food packages they are offering. As well as some restaurants offer add-on services, like coupon offers, home delivery services to attract the attention of the client and to maintain with them long-term fruitful relationship. As for example KFC, Dominos, pizza hut are some of the renowned brands who follow this steps.
Thus proper and target oriented menu card design can help you to build a customer base for your restaurant to stay alive in the competition.
Sometimes along with the main services if a restaurant provides some complementary services also. This makes their brand awareness more strong and effective to ensure in maintaining long term relationship with the clients. Thus proper designing of it can ensure better returns on your investment in the long run. Thus above steps are essential to maintaining a steady flow of customers for your restaurant to serve the food which they want to eat and remember.